Tuesday, November 17, 2020 – 7:00 pm
Meeting will be held electronically via Zoom (link below) due to COVID-19
*Needs to be voted on
- 7:00 pm – Welcome, Call to Order & Introductions – Yvonne Rice
- 7:05 pm – *Approval of Agenda – Yvonne Rice
- 7:07 pm – *Approval of DRAFT Minutes from Sep 15 2020 General Meeting – Yvonne Rice
- 7:10 pm – *Treasurers Report – Janet Shannon
- 7:12 pm – Parks & Open Spaces – Tim Batog
- 7:14 pm – Crime & Safety – OPEN
- 7: 16 pm – Land Use/Transportation – Dave Ganslein
- 7:18 pm – Scams, how to spot them and avoid them and what to do if you become a victim – Hannah Lewis
- 7:40 pm – Package Drop Off, Toy & Joy Makers Toy Drive, New Manager at US Ecology, Update on camp on Emerson St, PSAC Meetings – Yvonne Rice
- 7:50 pm – New Business – Rose Lane Project – Sandy Blvd Corridor Plan Zoom Meeting Dec 1 2020 – Ronda Johnson
- 8:00 pm – Old Business – none – Yvonne Rice
- 8:01 pm – Open Comments – Yvonne Rice
- 8:10 pm – Adjourn Meeting – Yvonne Rice
Join the Zoom Meeting at this link:
Meeting ID: 810 6412 5330
Dial: 1-669-900-9128 US (San Jose)
Upcoming Zoom General Meetings:
- 7:00 pm – Tuesday, Jan 19, 2021
- 7:00 pm – Tuesday, Mar 16, 2021
Board members: Yvonne Rice, Chair| Karen McAninch, V Chair | Virginia Petersen, Secretary | Janet Shannon, Treasurer, Dave Ganslein, LUTOP | Tim Batog, Park & Open Spaces | David Wiens, Member @ Large | Henry Shannon, Member @ Large | Hannah Lewis, Member @ Large | Donna Moir, Member @ Large
Questions: Ronda Johnson 503-935-4874 cell, 503-823-3156 work, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sumner Neighborhood Association General Membership Meeting
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Due to COVID-19 Virus this meeting was held electronically through Zoom.
- Call to Order & Introductions: meeting called to order at 7:05 pm by Chair, Yvonne Rice via Zoom.
Board Members present: Dave Ganslien, Hannah Lewis, Ronda Johnson, Tim Batog, Virginia Petersen, Karen McAninch. Not in attendance: David Wiens, Henry Shannon, Janet Shannon.
- Approval of Agenda, Yvonne Rice: Motion made to approve September 15, 2020 General Meeting Agenda with possible amendments by Dave Ganslein; seconded by Karen McAninch, MSP. Motion passed.
- Approval of General Meeting Minutes for May 19, 2020 and Jun 16 2020, Yvonne Rice: Motion moved to accept the May 19, 2020 and Jun 16 2020 General Meeting Minutes with possible amendments by Dave Ganslien; seconded by Hannah Lewis, MSP. Motion passed.
- Treasurer’s Report, Ronda Johnson: current balance is $1,580.65. Motion to approve treasurer’s report by Dave Ganslien, MSP; seconded by Karen McAninch. Motion passed.
- Guest Speaker with City of Portland, Homelessness & Urban Camping Impact Reduction Program (HUCIRP), Jonathan Lewis: talked about the current homeless situation and porta-potties placed throughout Portland. Gave information on how to report camps and emails with names of those to contact to report homeless issues and the importance of filing reports. Neighbors discussed how the crime rate as gone up and how they are uncomfortable walking in their neighborhood. It was suggested that since the City no longer supports Neighborhood Watch, we, as a neighborhood, put together our own version of neighborhood watch.
- Parks & Open Spaces, Tim Batog: nothing new to report. Tim has been monitoring the open space at 87th & Emerson St.
- Crime & Safety: Paul Lamb and his wife, Nikki, have resigned from the board. They are moving to Sherwood, Oregon. Asked if anyone would like to fill that position.
- Land Use & Transportation, Dave Ganslein: nothing new to report. A neighbor reported a vacant house with garbage piling up on NE 90th Ave.
- New Business – Status of CNN and Civic Life Contract, Ronda Johnson: A one-year contract with Civic Life was reviewed and signed by the CNN Chair.
- Old Business – Electronic Newsletter & Neighbors Night Out Update, Yvonne Rice: The last Sumner Sun Newsletter was put together and sent electronically through Constant Contact which saves us money that we would have spent on printing and mailing. The City of Portland moved the originally scheduled date of August 6, 2020, for Neighbors Night Out to October 6, 2020, however, the city is not supporting any events. We have canceled Neighbors Night Out.
- Open Comments, Yvonne Rice: Neighbors talked about the homeless and the crime associated with campers.
- Adjourn Meeting: motion moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:15 pm by Dave Ganslein, seconded by Hannah Lewis; MSP. Motion passed.
Thank you to all the neighbors that attended our Sumner General Meeting held on Sep 15 2020 via Zoom. Your conversation and input is so valuable and it gives us all a time to connect and hear what’s going on in Sumner.
Our next General Meeting is Tuesday, November 17, 2020. Our scheduled guest speakers will be Hannah Lewis, Sumner Board Member, to talk about scammers and how to avoid becoming a victim AND Donavan McCutcheon, with US Ecology at 89th Ave between Killingsworth St & Emerson St (formerly NRC). As many of you know there have been long on-going issues with this waste company. We now have an individual that wants to mend those issues and update us what they are doing to improve their site.
Thank you also to our guest speaker, Jonathan Lewis with the City of Portland, Homelessness & Urban Camping Impact Reduction Program (HUCIRP) and for encouraging us to report campsites. Central City Concern picks up over 250,000 pounds of garbage a month. Below are the links that Jonny talked about at our meeting.
- Campsite Report Form: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/campsites.
- PDX Reporter: https://pdxreporter.org — and select “Campsite Reporting” from the main menu.
- Calling Information & Referral: 503-823-4000.
Shelter to Housing Continuum project link: https://www.portland.gov/bps/s2hc
Has the City considered placing dumpsters near encampments?
When will the City restart campsite removals?
Has the City considered alternative shelter models?
Porta-potty info: https://www.portland.gov/omf/news/2020/9/8/portland-adds-100-portable-toilets-serve-people-experiencing-homelessness-improve
Jonny Lewis, HUCIRP/City of Portland
Weren’t able to attend either of the last couple of Sumner Association of Neighbors General Meetings? Catch up on all the news and happenings with May and June 2020’s meeting notes posted below.
June 2020 SAN meeting minutes
May 2020 SAN meeting minutes
View information about the September SAN General Meeting here.
Posted in san