Thanks to Sumner Association of Neighbors (SAN) secretary Erica Martin for taking such detailed meeting notes.
Highlights are below but you can download or view the full Sumner neighborhood meeting notes here:
Highlights for March 2012
- Guest speakers: Three candidates for city council position #1: Incumbent Amanda Fritz, State Rep Mary Nolan, and businessman Bruce Altizer.
- Helensview community garden: Grant approval pending in May. Ground breaking in June.
- Graffiti grant: CNN granted funds ($700) to SAN for graffiti abatement. Looking to paint in June, July and August.
- Sumner Pride litter patrol: February turnout our best ever: 12 people and 356 pounds of litter collected.
Highlights for April 2012
- Guest speakers: Cary Watters from Friends of Gateway Green and Sarah Coates-Huggins of the Portland Parks and Recreation. They spoke about the Gateway Green project (along I-205 south of Maywood Park) and the Sullivan’s Gulch Trail project (along I-84 from the Willamette River to Gateway Green).
- Helensview community garden: Soil testing scheduled for April 19.
- Sandy Blvd sidewalk project: South side confirmed to begin installation on May/June. Will include a crosswalk at NE 87th at Sandy. The crosswalk planned for NE 91st will be part of a different project, now slated for 2013.
Highlights for May 2012
- Guest visitor: Delivery guy from Pizza Hut (at 82nd and Sandy) with a stack of pizzas!
- Neighborhood cleanup and garage sale: Slated for Saturdays, May 19 and June 2, respectively.
- Helensview community garden: Two important pieces of good news: (1) East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District approved our $17,000 grant request; (2) The soil test came back clean. With that good news, the preliminary garden design was shared & feedback was gathered for an improved design. Details of the feedback are in the May meeting notes PDF.
- SAN lot adopt a highway: Jacob filed paperwork to ‘adopt’ the SAN lot (between NE 92nd and I-205 north of Sandy Blvd) as part of our neighborhood litter patrol.
- Ad hoc Bylaws committee: Eugene, Erica and Rachel agreed to meet and discuss for a proposal to simplify.