The newsletter for spring 2012 (1.5 MB PDF) for Sumner Association of Neighbors (SAN) in NE Portland, Oregon, is now available online!
This issue is partially delivered around the neighborhood by now. It includes almost nothing you’ve seen (yet) on this website.
- Redistricting and the May 15 primary election. Don’t forget to vote! Drop off your completed ballot at Gregory Heights Library by 8 PM.
- Neighborhood cleanup on Saturday, May 19. Details here.
- Garage sale on June 2: Details here and online signup form here.
- Updates on litter patrol and the SAN lot
- Updates on the community garden at Helensview School. (More big news coming very soon!)
- Notes from February, March and April meetings
- Plans to upgrade of the city-owned pump station next to the Grotto.
Our monthly neighborhood meeting is Tuesday, May 15. We’ll have the preliminary community garden design on hand, and we’ll gather your comments and suggestions about the layout. We might have our neighborhood response police officer as a guest speaker. He is currently unconfirmed.
As a special attraction, instead of our usual ‘light refreshments’ during social time at 6:30 PM, this month we’ll serve pizza and salad. Meeting is at the usual location: CNN conference room, 4415 NE 87th (aka side door of Fire Station #12, just north off Sandy Blvd).